McgiverSR
McgiverSR, Customer Service
Experience:  epa universal certified ,over 35 years in the field
97494692

The water dispenser on my Samsung refrigerator stops working

Customer Question

The water dispenser on my Samsung refrigerator stops working when the filter is installed. Already tried 2 new filters and no luck. As long as the filter is out, both water and ice dispensers work fine. Any suggestions? Thanks.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: The unit is 2 years old and the model is RF28HDEDTSR
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it does not take an engineering degree I could give it a try
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: That is all. Just how to reset the water dispenser.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  McgiverSR replied 2 months ago.
Hello I would suggest checking the flow direction and the minimum required pressure to push water thru the element
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The water dispenser has been working fine since the unit was purchased. The change filter red light did not come on as it usually does when it is time to change the filter. The dispenser just stopped working. So I removed the filter to install a new one and the water dispenser works OK. The flow direction and pressure have not been changed. The 2 new filters I tried do not allow the dispenser to function normally. Removing the filter allows the dispenser to work fine.
Gray filters located
Where are your filters located
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My account was just charged $36. I can not afford another $24.
I understand just please spare me the bad rating
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The filter is located in side the french door in the middle of the two vegetable drawers
When both doors are closed on the refrigerator are the lights on the outside going on and off toggling up and down
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No, they only come on when the doors are open
Touch and hold for 3 seconds to water filter life indicator light and that should reset the system I think it sounds like he's got a lost
Sounds like a loss of pressure to me
The reason I say that is without the filter you have no restriction and you'll get the water you install the filter element into the filter and now you stuff wasn't don't work there's your restriction now if you had enough pressure to push it through that filter you'd probably get your water I would suggest run in the water until like a bucket or something and see what kind of pressure you getting out of that filter you may have to take the bottom part of your draw route to get to the outlet of that filter then see what kind of pressure you getting past it
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Tried holding the indicator for 3 seconds. The indicator bell come on but still no water.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Moved the unit to check in supply valve. It is open all the way as it was initially set. The pressure is the same.
Okay when I say check the pressure I'm talking about the pressure coming out of the filter
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It seems like I need a technician to come here.Everything you told me to try I had done it before I got to your website.
Please just tell me how to cancel my subscription.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am doing that now