Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Ihave sears model2990 and am getting black stains on

Customer Question
Ihave sears model(###) ###-####2990 and...
Ihave sears model(###) ###-####2990 and am getting black stains on clothes, could it be from large black gasket? or give me a clue what it might be please
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: a bout 3 weeks
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: my son who is handy will
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: don't know it doesnt seem to be coming from the drum
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
8/1/2017
Appliance Technician: Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 3 months ago
Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Will these stain wash out of the clothes?

And what type of detergent do you use?

HE or non HE type?

I don't want the extracharge so will answer the questions. Stainwill not wash out. I use all natural laundry soda never hada problem biodegradable

I did not send the phone prompt to you that is automatically done by the web site NOT I !

And you have to use HE detergent in this unit per the manufacture.

He is high efficiency = low sudsing.

Have you ever used a store bought washer cleaner thru the unit?

no this problem just started inlast 3-4 wks could it be that large rubber gasket? what?

does the stain wash off?

Very unlikely it is the rubber boot/ gasket.

And it does not make any difference when it started .

if your NOT using the HE type detergent the wash is leaving detergent on the inside of the washer and on the clothes ,this detergent eventually builds up enough to create stains on clothes .

That is why you HAVE TO use the HE type detergent .

And the washer manufactures also reccomends to use a washer cleaner every six months to get ride of mineral and detergent build up.

do i need to get washer cleaner? what brand? can you think OF ANYTHING else that this could be? help

I recommend a product named AFFRESH you can get it any place that sells laundry detergents and normally it is on the same isle.

Yes lets do the cleaner first ,you may have to do a cleaner more then once since you have never used HE type detergent.

I'll give it a try but don't think its the problem. thank you

No problem always glad to assist you anytime.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.

I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time
This is NOT a free web site.

Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech