Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Samsung refrigerator shows error codes of 40E and 24E. What

Customer Question

Samsung refrigerator shows error codes of 40E and 24E. What do these codes represent that the errors are?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: yes 2012 fridge
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: where do I find a definition of these codes?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

So error 40E means your ice maker fan isn't running properly and 24E means your freezer isn't defrosting properly. Both items are inside the freezer behind the back wall. You'll need to pull everything out of the freezer and remove the entire back wall inside the freezer. Thaw any ice or frost built up you see with a hair dryer. Re-install everything and then on the dispenser press and hold the upper right and upper left buttons to reset the error codes. If everything resets, then great. If it won't reset, then you need to replace your defrost temperature sensor clipped onto the top of the silver coils behind the back panel you removed, and you also need to replace the ice fan motor.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.