Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a frigidare energy star 70 pint dehumidifier which is…

Customer Question
I have a frigidare...

I have a frigidare energy star 70 pint dehumidifier which is a few years old. It shows "EC" on the display and shuts itself off. I discovered that turning it off and on clears this issue but it reoccurs after a time. To solve this problem I have put it on a timer so that every 6 hours it turns off for 30 minutes then back on. This has worked now for a few weeks. I assume the issue is a temperature sensor designed to protect against overheating. Is there any way to change this sensor?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

It started about 3 weeks ago

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
8/1/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 11 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?