Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My dryer is shutting just a few minutes after I turn it on.

Customer Question
My dryer is shutting...

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is about 8 yrs. old. , Whirpool. Mod.#WEED5300S00. Ser. # MU4272217

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it's not too complicated.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I just shuts off after it is on for a few minutes. It must be overheating.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Appliance
8/1/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 9 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can you please look at the model number once again WEED5300S00 is NOT a good number.

Mod. # WED5300S00
I prefer not to fix it myself.

the model number is ***** WED 5300SQ0

When the dryer turns off are you able to just turn it right back on ,or do you have to wait a few minutes before it will start back up?

It won't even start back up now.

how long later have you tried to restart it.

And if it does not restart how do you get it to start after it has shut off?

I noticed your request for a phone call. Unfortunately, Just Answer has stated that your request has failed due Credit card issues.
BUT I'm happy to continue corresponding with you here on our CHAT as we are now to assist you on your question.

I waited a couple hours before trying to turn it on this last time.

and it did NOT restart?

It did not restart.

ok so if you power the unit up right now and select any cycle and any options and press and hold the start button will it start now?

It will not start 8n any cycle.

ok so your post is confusing your first post was it was turning off after a few minutes so now your saying the unit will not start at all!

So if it will not start after you power it up ans select a cycle and press and hold start does the time display count down?

And of course it will take 60 seconds for the time display to change.

ok

I just now got Whirlpools site to open and see that this model does not have a time display.

Do you have a Volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it? to be able to do any component or voltage testing

By the way, my bank account has been billed $31.00 from Just Answer. I am quite sure that I have paid for a phone call. I have a voltage meter, but I'm not sure how to use it.

you will need to contact Just Answer about the billing .

I as an expert never get to see your personal or billing information .

Ok well you need to test the line cord in the rear of the dryer to see if the dryer is getting voltage or not.

If it is then you will need to test the thermal fuse to see if it is open thus killing voltage for the unit to run.

John, Home Appliance Technician