Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My freezer runs all the time. Mod LFFU1466GW1 14 cu ft frost…

Customer Question
My freezer runs all...

My freezer runs all the time.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?

Mod LFFU1466GW1 14 cu ft frost free

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

??

Contractor's Assistant: What confuses you?

Why it runs all the time

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
8/1/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 6 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Do you have the unit pushed all the way back against the wall?

And how much food do you have in the unit?

No, it is not back againt the wall
3/4 full/
I am very hard of hearing, telephone no good for me

Ok I`m showing this unit is over 10 years old .

Does it still keep items frozen , but just runs a long time?

And is the unit setting in an air conditioned space?

Still keep frozen
Not is a/c space

Ok ok not being in an air conditioned space will make the unit run more.

and the unit only has to turn off for the automatic defrost model .

which is approx 20-25 minutes ever 8-10 hours.

The newer refrigerators Never shut off unless they are in defrost .

It cost less money to let the unit run then it does for it to start and stop.

Because on start up the compressor uses twice the amount of electricity to start the compressor.

Then is the defrost time a suspect??????
defrost timer

if the unit is cooling you do not have a defrost timer issue.

if it was an issue the unit would get restricted with ice and that will effect the cooling.

I suspect the only issue you have is that the unit is not in an air conditioned space.

And if that area is over 70 degrees it will start to effect the operation of the unit.

And with it around 10 years old the insulation starts to break down so the unit will run longer /work harder to maintain the set temperatures .

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.

John, Home Appliance Technician