Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Kenmore electric stove with warming drawer.

Customer Question
I have a Kenmore...

I have a Kenmore electric stove with warming drawer. Suddenly none of the burners will work. Stove plugged in and clock works. Is there a way to reset this? I have unplugged it and plugged it back in to no avail. Can you please help me with this?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I just bought it never used. Was a floor model. Even had to install plug. It quit working after I tried out the simmer button.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Hopefully

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No it was working perfectly!

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
8/1/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 11 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

Thank you!
Give me a minute or two to pull up information on this model

Ok so none of the burners will heat? do you mean the burners in the oven along with the cooktop burners or just the cooktop burners?

have you tested the voltage at the outlet to verify that you have 240 volts to the range.

You may want to turn the circuit breaker off then back on and then try any of the burners to see if they will then heat.

All burners work off 240 volts .lights clock all work off just 120 volts

Did circuit breaker. Nothing changed. I have used this outlet for over 20 years with previous stove. Reason I needed to get a new one.
I used it just a couple of days and all was well
Could it have anything to do with the simmer button?

The simmer button will not kill voltage to all burners .

Do you have a Volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it? to be able to do any component or voltage testing

No but I will contact my brother who has one and will get back to you.

ok have him test the voltage coming into the range where the line cord attaches to the range. for 240 volts A/C