Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have an Question regarding my refrigerator run time. How

Customer Question

Good day. i have an Question regarding my refrigerator run time. How often it will starts during the day?
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: I purchased mine on November 2016
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: my model is Samsung Food Showcase 21.5-cu ft Counter-Depth Side-by-Side Refrigerator with Ice Maker (Stainless Steel) ENERGY STAR
Item # 595351 Model # RH22H9010SR
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: its on & off almost every 3 hour & runs for 30 min
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

So it's hard to know exactly how often the refrigerator will turn on and off because it depends a lot on how often you open the door and how much food is inside. That being said, it actually runs quite a lot. During the days if you opening and closing the door often, it can run as much as 80% of the time. At night when you sleep the doors don't get opened so it may only run 20-30% of the time. Either way, when it turns on it typically will run anywhere from 30 minutes to 1 hour and then shut off until the temperature falls under your setting at which point it turns back on.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
im using it only during weekends. nobody opening doors during the week. Thats why im asking. Also my water doesnt dispensing same as the ice.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

I'm not sure what you mean by "Also my water doesn't dispensing same as the ice" But again, the refrigerator still runs quite along. It should run for 30 minutes to an hour every 2-3 hours if the doors aren't being opened.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?