Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Washer is not spinning proper, Mvwc555dw1 about 2 years old,

Customer Question
Washer is not spinning...

Washer is not spinning proper

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Mvwc555dw1 about 2 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Starts to spin then there is like a zipper noise coming from washer like either it is off track or something is wrapped around something

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
8/1/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Ok

That zipper noise means that the splutch assembly (which is like the clutch for this washer) is slipping. Sometimes all you need to do is tighten the center bolt in the pulley below the splutch because the bolt can get loose. If you tighten the bolt and it still makes the noise, replace the splutch kit. Below is a link to the kit you'll need to order and there is a video on the bottom of the link which shows you how to access the pulley and splutch for replacement or tightening down the bolt.

CLICK HERE for splutch and video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Thank you I will try that

No problem and good luck!

We replaced the part yesterday and unfortunately it is still making the same noise.

Unfortuantely the only thing left would be the gear box (transmission) on top of that part then and that's a rather expensive part to replace I'm sorry to say.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?