Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a LG front load sensor dryer. I put clothes in and…

Customer Question
I have a LG...

I have a LG front load sensor dryer. I put clothes in and while it is heating...it stops only partially into the cycle and the clothes are still wet. What is going on?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your LG is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It's 5 years old...hold on...will get model #

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If i can

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
8/1/2017
Appliance Technician: AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician replied 11 months ago
AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me a few moments to review your question.

Please post model number.

model #DLGX3471V

Are the clothes hot when you check them?

but still wet...cycle only runs for 10 minutes maybe

Okay, please give me a few moments.

Have you made sure the vent system is clear?

Well- the vent I get out of the dryer is empty and clean. Are you referring to the line out of the back??

Undo the dryer from the exhaust
Run a load
If the load dries correctly then you have a vent problem.
Clean/check the vent system. Make sure the outside louvers open fully.

If you do not want lint in the house.
Take a pair of pantyhose, put one leg into the other and attach this to the dryer exhaust.
Leave enough room behind the dryer so it can blow out like a windsock.
Run a load.

I am going to have to call a tech. It's stacked and I cannot access the vent from the back. It also runs under the house and I cannot see the line

Okay, I understand. If you need more help just post back here.

Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 5 star is how I receive payment for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. BONUSES appreciated. Please rate my service and not the appliance. Also rating me does not close this question and you can still post here if you need anymore help. Thank you!