Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Maytag MERH752 (Glass top) On Indicator Light Stays On how

Customer Question

Maytag MERH752 (Glass top) On Indicator Light Stays On how can I fix this problem?????
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Model Number MERH752BAW we feel its 9 years old....
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No Mam thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

So this issue means that one of the contacts in one of your burner control switches has failed. Now probably the easiest way to figure out which burner control switch needs to be replaced is to pull the oven out and disconnect the power cord. Remove the screws coming in from the back of the control panel and remove the back control access panel. Once this panel is removed, you can see the back of all 4 burner switches. Disconnect all the wires going to one of the switches and plug the range back in. If the light it off, that is the switch you need to replace. If the light stays on, then unplug the oven, reconnect all the wires, and try the next switch.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?