Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Im working on a Whirlpool WRV 986FDEM01 a customer had me…

Customer Question
Hi Kelly, Im working on...
Hi Kelly, Im working on a Whirlpool WRV 986FDEM01 a customer had me out because it was no longer getting cold. As I dropped the compressor, cover on the back side,The compressor and condenser fan were not running. ( I did the refrigerator "control alt delete) I unplug it from the wall receptacle and plugged it back in and they both started running. My guess is that the main control board is on the blink. The unit has three boards under a cover on the back side about half the way up. it also had something behind a clear cover on the side of the compressor(like a VFD),that had a green light. The customer doesn't want to loose its cooling and loose another fridge full of food. What would be your best guess to replace?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 2 days by:
8/3/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 1 year ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you!

I would suggest replacing the smaller board that controls the compressor and fan.

Here is the part number W10624574

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.