Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Touch screen showing L5 code can see water in washer will…

Customer Question
Touch screen showing L5...

Touch screen showing L5 code can see water in washer will not finish cycle

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

9 years old model wfw8400tw02

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Never had any problems until I wash some bath rugs

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Appliance
8/1/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 9 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

This model does not have an error code of L5 nor an LS error code.

Do you have any blinking lights on the console?

Is the lid locked?

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?

John, Home Appliance Technician