Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Have a front load Ge dryer model #GFDR485GF1MC, serial #

Customer Question

Have a front load Ge dryer model #GFDR485GF1MC, serial # MF165847G. There seems to be a tapping or clicking noise everytime the drum turns. Do I open the dryer from the front or the back side?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: A couple of years max
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yep
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Nope
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Access is from the front. The control panel comes off, followed by the main top, followed by the front, followed by the front bulkhead, followed by the drum., See the attached pages from the service manual and please let me know if I missed one! :~)

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service at the top of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive zero credit for my work. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Thank you so much!