Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Tyler, are you there to answer a question?

Customer Question

Hello Tyler, are you there to answer a question?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Yes, I am here. What question do you have?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It's about load size in washing clothes. I realized I have been using the large load size for small loads, although I am using the appropriate amount of detergent for the extra water. I also dry them in the hot dryer. Would this practice affected the cleanliness of the clothes? I hope the extra water didn't mean I was not getting my clothes clean.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I do an extra rinse also.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Both options actually wash the clothes better, it's just less environmentally friendly. That's the only trade off.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Which is better?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

I'm not sure what you mean? It's your choice, more water and wash the clothes better---or use more water. You're the one paying for the water.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Did I compromise the cleanliness of the clothes washing the small amount of clothes in large load size of water?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Would the clothes get as clean if I selected the wrong size load? I selected large when I should have selected small.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
In other words, I was washing small loads and selecting the "large" size load on the dial.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

And again, that's completely fine. It will actually wash them and rinse them better with more water.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Oh, OK, thank you!
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Have a good evening.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

No problem and you have a good evening too.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?