Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

On my dryer the F1 button is on what do i do. Kenmore HE2.

Customer Question
On my dryer the...

On my dryer the F1 button is on what do i do

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

Kenmore HE2

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can u help me with it

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
7/31/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 1 year ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

F1 is a very straight forward error for these dryers. It means that your main relay power control board mounted to the left side wall above the dryer drum has an internal short. Try to unplug the dryer for 60 seconds and see if the electronics will reset. If that doesn't work, you'll need to order and replace the control board to resolve the issue. You'll need the full model number located on a sticker just inside the door way to order the correct part but below is a video that shows you the process if you wanted to do it yourself. The board is usually about $200-250 I'll warn you in advance.

CLICK HERE for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?