Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Ge dryer will not start

Customer Question
Ge dryer will not start
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/31/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you have a model number located on a sticker just inside the door way so I can better assist you? Does the dryer many any noises when you try to start it? Are there any signs of life like lights or anything? etc...

Are you there

I checked door switch start switch . Got power checked hi limit

This is the 3rd and last time I've asked these questions.

QUOTE:

Model #GTDX180ED4WW. No noises

What is the exact location of the high limit you checked?

Looking from backside on left side near top
Two brown wires

I'm sorry I don't believe I'll be able to assist you here, so I'll opt out, but that will open this question to all other Experts, and someone will be along shortly to assist you

16.00 for nothing
Appliance Technician: McgiverSR, Customer Service replied 11 months ago
McgiverSR
McgiverSR, Customer Service
Replace the thermal fuse and then check the exhaust system the ductwork make sure it's not clogged up but thermal fuse will blow in the dryer won't do anything until you change it it doesn't look like a fuse it has 2 wires going to it it doesn't look like the high limits it's just called the thermal fuse if you get your model and serial number and go to Appliance Parts they will sell you the thermal fuse