McgiverSR
McgiverSR, Customer Service
Experience:  epa universal certified ,over 35 years in the field
97494692

Ge dryer will not start

Customer Question

Ge dryer will not start
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Do you have a model number located on a sticker just inside the door way so I can better assist you? Does the dryer many any noises when you try to start it? Are there any signs of life like lights or anything? etc...

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Are you there
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I checked door switch start switch . Got power checked hi limit
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

This is the 3rd and last time I've asked these questions.

QUOTE:

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Model #GTDX180ED4WW. No noises
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

What is the exact location of the high limit you checked?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Looking from backside on left side near top
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Two brown wires
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry I don't believe I'll be able to assist you here, so I'll opt out, but that will open this question to all other Experts, and someone will be along shortly to assist you

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
16.00 for nothing
Expert:  McgiverSR replied 2 months ago.
Replace the thermal fuse and then check the exhaust system the ductwork make sure it's not clogged up but thermal fuse will blow in the dryer won't do anything until you change it it doesn't look like a fuse it has 2 wires going to it it doesn't look like the high limits it's just called the thermal fuse if you get your model and serial number and go to Appliance Parts they will sell you the thermal fuse