Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a whirlpool French door refrigerator

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool French door refrigerator model#wrx98851bm03 with serial # K62104500 that won't cool down. Right now the cooling off light is showing. We had a service call from October Richards on Friday to replace a sensor in the fridge section that had frozen up. Took two weeks to get that down. Two thermometers in the fridge are showing an temp of 45 in the back top and 52 in the top front shelf.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Installed 6/17/16 with a manufacturer date of 5/20/16
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Depends on what you mean by work
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: In have another service call scheduled for thurs 8/3 by PC Richards who I have a 10 year service contract with. I am also on hold with whirlpool now for the past 20 minutes
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Press and Hold the Measure Fill and Lock buttons at the same time for 3-4 secs and the cooling should turn back on.

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.