Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We bought a washer/dryer from you less than 3 years ago. It…

Customer Question
We bought a washer/dryer...

We bought a washer/dryer from you less than 3 years ago. It is the stacked type. The washer lights remain on but it will not start. I turned it off by using the breaker. Thoughts/

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is a general electric. I do not have the model handy, but it is a top loader and we in use the top locks

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
7/31/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 1 year ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you!

That could be a number of things on a GE stackable unit. Typically that is either a draining issue or a lid lock failure. This unit is complicated to work on so you do have to be very handy with a meter and tools. I would need a complete model number to assist in detail with a repair if you were going to attempt it yourself though.

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.