Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

We bought a washer/dryer from you less than 3 years ago. It

Customer Question

we bought a washer/dryer from you less than 3 years ago. It is the stacked type. The washer lights remain on but it will not start. I turned it off by using the breaker. Thoughts/
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is a general electric. I do not have the model handy, but it is a top loader and we in use the top locks
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

That could be a number of things on a GE stackable unit. Typically that is either a draining issue or a lid lock failure. This unit is complicated to work on so you do have to be very handy with a meter and tools. I would need a complete model number to assist in detail with a repair if you were going to attempt it yourself though.

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.