Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have Whirlpool 24" Double Electric Wall Oven. Recently…

Customer Question
We have Whirlpool 24"...

We have Whirlpool 24" Double Electric Wall Oven. Recently while upper over was in use it locked itself and started the Self-Cleaning cycle. I had to shut the electric power off to get into the oven and remove the food. So we stopped using the upper oven. More recently while using the bottom oven it

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Purchased in July 2000. Model No. RBD245PDQ8

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No other than the latest problem the lower over just quit baking as if the power had been turned off.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/31/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 8 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you!

Your unit has a shut down thermal fuse. Get to that and check it for continuity. If it is burned out replace it. It will not heat with it burned out.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician