Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Kenmore washer's FILL light is blinking and won't spin. I…

Customer Question
My Kenmore washer's FILL...

My Kenmore washer's FILL light is blinking and won't spin. I have a blanket in there now that's sopping wet

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I would say maybe about 6-7 years old. I'm not sure what the model is

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it's simple enough. I'd rather not get a tec

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

When I press the start button, the kid locks, the washer does a little tiny spin...then the lid lock light clicks off, and the fill light starts blinking

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
7/31/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 1 year ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The washer isn't spinning out because it thinks the load is too out of balance. That is why the lid lock light turns off and the fill light flashes. You can try to add a couple extra wet towels to balance the load, but if the washer can't balance the load, it won't attempt to spin fast. You may have to line dry a blanket if it's too bulky to even out enough for the washer to spin.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?