Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Kenmore washer's FILL light is blinking and won't spin. I

Customer Question

My Kenmore washer's FILL light is blinking and won't spin. I have a blanket in there now that's sopping wet
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I would say maybe about 6-7 years old. I'm not sure what the model is
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it's simple enough. I'd rather not get a tec
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: When I press the start button, the kid locks, the washer does a little tiny spin...then the lid lock light clicks off, and the fill light starts blinking
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

The washer isn't spinning out because it thinks the load is too out of balance. That is why the lid lock light turns off and the fill light flashes. You can try to add a couple extra wet towels to balance the load, but if the washer can't balance the load, it won't attempt to spin fast. You may have to line dry a blanket if it's too bulky to even out enough for the washer to spin.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?