Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Used my GE microwave to make bacon this morning. At the end

Customer Question

Used my GE microwave to make bacon this morning. At the end of the cycle, I opened the microwave and removed it. When I closed the door, the microwave started up again. The fan sounds like it is blowing and the light is on, but the turntable is not turning and no cooking instructions show on the screen. I pressed Cancel several times, unplugged it and flipped the fuse for 10 minutes, but with each try it continues to come on when the door is closed.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2014 model #JVM7195RF1SS
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I would like to try.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

So unfortunately this means that one of your door switches has failed. There are 3 door switches and usually the bottom one is the one that fails, but you'd need to remove the outer shell of the microwave and test the switches to know for certain which switch is bad. Below is a link to a video that shows you how to test the actual door switches inside your microwave to know which one to replace. If you have a multimeter you can test the switches and just replace the faulty switch.

CLICK HERE for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?