Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a gas stove that is approx 4 years old. barely used.

Customer Question
I have a gas...

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

It has been sitting in a garage and I just purchased on craigslist. If I try to use the igniter it wont work. It clicks but doesnt light. I can light it with a lighter and it stays lit but doesnt have much range from low to high.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I do plan on doing it . Once I figure out how or what to do.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Stove seems to be fine. It sat for a while ..

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Appliance
7/31/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 9 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/912714075530558/
THis is the item that I purchased. It has no model number or serial number.
I am not home but will be around 530.

ok all appliance information ,parts service literature is all looked up via the units model number.

Was the range originally set up for Natural gas or L/P gas?

And which are you using the oven on Natural or L/P ?

Originally set up for gas.
Keeping it gas.
Is there somewhere on the model that I may be missing the information?
The stove doesn't seem to be an issue. Just the burners

Yes I know it is a gas range .

But was it set up for Natural gas or L/P gas?

and which are you tying to use it on Natural gas or L/P Gas?

And when you say the stove doesn`t seem to be the issue.

Do you actually mean the oven is working correctly?

open the oven door the model /serial tag should be on the face frame of the oven cavity.

Awesome! As soon as I get home I will upload a photo and maybe a video of what is happening?
I

I think you missed this post I have sent you!

Yes I know it is a gas range .

--- I was told is was set up for either . I have natural gas from COnsumers energy.And when you say the stove doesn`t seem to be the issue.
-------------- The stove seems to preheat and reach requested temperature. I assumed it was enough info to show it was working properly but, I guess that may not be the case.

no the oven can not be set up for both only one or the other!

Ok And so when you say the stove you mean the oven portion of the range correct

You have the oven and the cooktop portions of the range.

correct . When I was referring to stove I meant oven portion.
I have natural gas. When I purchased she said it could be used for both.
I am quite knowledgeable with most things except cars & appliances.
Can I send you the model info and the connection pictures to see if that helps?
How do I know if it is set up for either?

Yes the range can be used for either Natural gas or L/P gas but if they used it on say L/P you will need to convert it back to be used on Natural gas.

Again it can not be set up for either !!

We have the fittings all set up for gas and new lines ran for gas.

You do not seem to be reading my posts.

The range will only work on Natural gas if it is set up for natural gas .

And it will only work on L/P gas if set up for L/P gas .the unit can not work on both .

If you have it piped into Natural gas and the previous owner had it set up for L/P gas the range will not work on Natural gas unless some one converts it back to Natural gas.

Please opt out of this question.
John, Home Appliance Technician