Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Miele dishwasher showing F70. Keeps running unless I unplug…

Customer Question
Hi! Miele dishwasher showing...

Hi! Miele dishwasher showing F70. Keeps running unless I unplug it

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Miele is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Ca 2009. G 2384 SCVi

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Am hoping to. It was clogged, water wouldn't drain and showed F75. I tried to fix it, got it to drain, but now F70

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I pressed on a metal piece under the removable filter. It started the drain, but might have been a mistake

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
7/31/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 1 year ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

To start, F70 means the washer went into flood mode. That will cause the drain pump to run constantly to prevent flooding in your house because water has worked it's way into the base pan below the dishwasher tub. You'll need to uninstall the dishwasher and tip it on it's back. Remove the screws in each corner holding the bottom access panel down. From that point you can pull the bottom access panel off and dry up all the water in the bas pan that is causing the flood condition. Now while you have the bottom off, look for a source of a leak because if the dishwasher is doing nothing but draining, there should be water in the bottom coming from somewhere causing the flood mode to occur.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?