Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a frigidaire refrigerator/freezer. The freezer

Customer Question
freezers up (coils and all)...
I have a frigidaire refrigerator/freezer. The freezer freezers up (coils and all). I have previously replaced the thermostat time which worked. We are having the same problem again, so we again replaced the timer, but although we have turn the temperature of the refrigerator up to high, it is not getting very cold. Is the new timer not good or is there a different problem?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is approximately 4 years old. It does not show another model name but is a model with the freezer on top. The model number is *****
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: We are hoping to.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/31/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 4 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Do you mean the freezer Evaporator coil is freezing up ?

And that you have replaced the defrost timer ?

ok so in the defrost circuit you also have the defrost heating element and the defrost thermostat if either one of those are bad the unit can not go into a defrost mode when the timer advances into the defrost mode.

Both can be tested fro resistance with a Volt-Ohm meter .

The defrost thermostat will only have resistance if it is below a temperature of 45 degrees .

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?

John, Home Appliance Technician