Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a new whirlpool refrigerator, yesterday the door

Customer Question
I have a new...

I have a new whirlpool refrigerator, yesterday the door alarm began and wont stop. doors are closed, no obstructions. alarm, symbol and interior lights are dark. tried in plugging to reset... nothing changed,

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

3 months model # WRV986FDEM01

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If its a simple fix yes, if requires whirlpool service no

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

This morning the "order filter symbol came on?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
7/31/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 11 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

If you open the fresh food and freezer door does the interior light go on?

not right now. if I unplug the unit the lights will then come on but after a few alarms going off the lighting system then shuts down.

Ok so if you open the door and you have no lights unless you unplug the unit then after 5 minutes the light go out and you get the door alarm.

You have either a bad door switch or an issue with the door switch circuit in the electronic control board.

Do you have a Volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it? to be able to do any component or voltage testing

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?

Had whirlpool out. They fixed it under warranty. Thanks anyway

no problem!