Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My elect oven. a code came up f10 err. Sear don't know the…

Customer Question
My elect oven. a...

My elect oven. a code came up f10 err

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Sear don't know the model 4 yrs

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It was self cleaning when this hapend

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
7/31/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 11 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Please give me the model number of the unit so i can give you model specific info, thanks.

I don't know
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 11 months ago

ok well without the model number I can't give you any part numbers or specific info, I can tell you that the F10 error means the unit is shutting down because the oven is not cycling properly which is normally caused by a faulty temperature sensor. The sensor is the probe you see protruding out of the back of the oven, you can test it with an ohm meter, it should have roughly 1100ohms at room temp, if not its bad and needs to be replaced. IF the probe is good check the wiring from the board to the sensor and if the wiring is ok replace the main board because that is the problem. If you come up with the model number let me know and I can give you replacement part numbers, thanks. Also I tried to accept your phone call request but the payment for the service failed for whatever reason.

Now that I have given you an initial answer to your question I would ask at this time that you go ahead and rate my assistance because we are not compensated for our time unless you do. Even after you have rated I will continue to help you at no charge if you have any follow up questions. You rate my assistance by clicking on one of the empty stars located at the top right of your question page on Just Answer. The 5th star to the right is the best rating and I hoped I have earned that. Thank you for seeing to this at this time and then if you have any follow up questions please let me know. Rating my assistance will in no way affect the charges for this service.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 11 months ago

Hi there,
I see the question is still open and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?