Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Whirlpool portable dishwasher for the past few

Customer Question
Hello. I have...

Hello. I have a Whirlpool portable dishwasher for the past few years. I have consistent problems with draining where the flow will go down to a trickle. I've cleaned the fine and course filter and used a shop vac to extract anything of value and the sitting water in the sump. We've also tried to rinse dishes more to prevent it. Any other troubleshooting things to try. By the way, the drain pump is working because I hear it run, but sometimes it sounds like it's grinding but nothing has broken for pieces to be caught.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Age approximately two years.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It depends on the necessary work and please say replace the drain pump. :)

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Model number WDP350PAAW5

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
7/31/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 11 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you!

Replace the drain pump on the unit often the pumps go bad and actually the pump is not turning as fast as it should so you hear the grinding noise. So basically sometimes it turns as fast as it should and other times it is not. Here is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.