Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Samsung cool&cool refrigerator is not cooling or freezing.

Customer Question
Samsung cool&cool refrigerator is...

Samsung cool&cool refrigerator is not cooling or freezing. The compressor works a few minutes and stops

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

5 years, where can i see the model?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If i can.....

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nothing else....

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
7/31/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 11 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you!

Can you get behind the unit and remove the cover over the boards? If so do you see a small board above a larger one?

i have removed a little cover, behind it is the compressor unit...

Do you see a smaller access cover on the back above the compressor off to the left?

No, i only see on the left side a white box, i think it is a connection power unit because the power cord arrives there. THE MODEL IS SAMSUNG SR-L3916B

OK on that unit you either have a bad compressor or bad start relay. Can you change out the relay that is mounted to the compressor?

then.... i have to open the white box?
how can i identify the bad relay?
The unit is working now but in a few minutes it stops
i am not able to open it, there are three bolts with safety head

Ok the board that is in that white box is what you need to change, that is the inverter board change that so the compressor does not stop on you.

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

I can not understand; four general answers and the conclusion is to change a box that contains the inverter where i have not access???