Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

I have a glass top stove. Some kind of malfunction between a

Customer Question

I have a glass top stove. Some kind of malfunction between a pan and the burner melted a small shard of the glass top and it stuck to the pan. I have thelittle shard. can this be glued some way back to the glass top?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: about a month, I have not used the burner.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, if it wouldbe ok to put it back in.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No. that is the story. The glass shard will fit right back in.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 2 months ago.

Hello, this is Dave and I welcome you to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

The glass cannot be repaired but as long as the glass is not cracked this will not keep you from using the burner. Any glue used would burn off the first time you used the burner. There is a possibility that at some point the glass could still crack but use it the way it is. If it cracks the glass top will need to be replaced. The glass top is expensive and should only be replaced if it cracks. Let me know if you have other questions about this.

Do you still need help with this request?