Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an IdylisDEhumidfier that no longer works. It runs,

Customer Question
I have an Idylis(###)...

I have an Idylis(###) ###-####DEhumidfier that no longer works. It runs, the compressor engages but it does not chill. It is no longer under warrentee. How can I get it fixed?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

The unit is 3 years old. This is my first time with the help desk.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

Filters are clear. The unit is set properly. I have not checked any internal parts.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I can if given the instructions.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

There is no one in a 50 mile radius that will bother with it. All repair shops say to just throw it away.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
7/31/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

The reason they are telling you to throw it away is because the sealed system on the unit, (the lines that hold the freon) have a leak somewhere and the freon has leaked out of the unit and that is why its no longer cooling. Which first of all is not going to be a do it yourself repair, you need a lot of very expensive equipment to make the repair and also the knowledge to do it and to have a company make the repair is gonna cost you more to fix it then to just go buy a new one. I am very sorry for the bad news but that is what you are looking at.

Now that I have given you an initial answer to your question I would ask at this time that you go ahead and rate my assistance because we are not compensated for our time unless you do. Even after you have rated I will continue to help you at no charge if you have any follow up questions. You rate my assistance by clicking on one of the empty stars located at the top right of your question page on Just Answer. The 5th star to the right is the best rating and I hoped I have earned that. Thank you for seeing to this at this time and then if you have any follow up questions please let me know. Rating my assistance will in no way affect the charges for this service.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago

I see you have viewed the answer and I have not heard back from you and the question is still open, was there something else I can help you with?