Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our microwave model PEB1590SM2SS has stopped working. The…

Customer Question
Our microwave model PEB1590SM2SS...

Our microwave model PEB1590SM2SS has stopped working. The time and panel light are functioning. When we press the time, power and start, it begins to count down but neither the carousel turns, not the oven turn on. We have checked the door, pressed and held the clear/off button for several seconds, but nothing seems to work.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

GE profile

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It's not done this before

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
7/31/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 11 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you!

You have a bad door switch on the unit, most likely the bottom door switch on the door interlock assembly is bad. Take that apart and check the door switches to see which one is bad. Here is a helpful video for you as well to check these if you can.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.