John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a Kenmore Elite HE3 front loader that is 15 years

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore Elite HE3 front loader that is 15 years old. It is not spinning quite as good as it used to otherwise seems to be fine. The matching dryer I had to dump. The technician said the main belt went out several years ago and would cost $2,000 to repair and said it would be cheaper to get a new one. He said he was surprised these have last this long. Would it be worth fixing this washing machine?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I bought in 2002
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No, it would never run again if I did.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think so unless you can think of something you need to know.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I see that your question has been sitting for a while are you still needing help with this matter?