John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have an Lg refrigerator LFX28978ST that would not cool

Customer Question

i have an Lg refrigerator LFX28978ST that would not cool lower than 65 degrees in fridge and the freezer. An LG certified tech came out and said I needed a new main control board. I installed a new control board. It did not throw an error code for maybe 15 minutes. When I noticed the temperature dropped 1 degree it showed an FS code again and is right back where we started. Any suggestions?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your LG is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 7 Years ...LFX28978ST
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I see that your question has been sitting for a while are you still needing help with this matter?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.