Billy Olenick
Billy Olenick, Customer Service
Experience:  Owner at Billy's appliance repair
99380438

I have a Samsung electric dryer model DV42H5000/A3. Today

Customer Question

I have a Samsung electric dryer model DV42H5000/A3. Today the dryer suddenly shut off and tripped the breaker in our panel box. We were able to reset the breaker and got the dryer running again, but then it stopped running an gave an hE error code. The clothes in the dryer were dry and extremely hot to the touch. Seems that it's heating fine but is getting too hot and then shutting down. I've replaced the the heating element in the past. Wonder if it's going out or if there's something else that may be going bad.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Oops, forgot the EW in the model number. It's DV42H5000EW/A3. Purchased April 2015.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Hopefully. I have replaced various parts in our washers and dryers in the past.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I can think of
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Billy Olenick replied 2 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you out today with your appliance repair. We are on an honor system here and are only paid for our services once you rate us. So please don't hesitate to rate me. I will continue to help you through your appliance repair even after you rate me. Thank you.
The he error is of course a heat issue. The clothes being extremely hot indicates a problem in the air flow system witch indicates a clog. So first things first disconnect your vent line from the rear of the dryer and run a load and see if you get the error. If not then you have a clogged vent line going out of the house.
If you do still get the error message then we need to start testing the components of your heat system