Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I have a Samsung RS265DRS refrigerator that isn't cooling

Customer Question

I have a Samsung RS265DRS refrigerator that isn't cooling properly on the refrigerator side (it's about 58 degrees.) The freezer is working fine. From what I've seen online, I need to check the fan. I'm trying to remove the cover and have taken out 4 screws but I can't seem to find a way to take the cover off the lights to get at those screws. Suggestions?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It was purchased in 2013. RS265TDRS.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I did. It looked like replacing the fan is within my skill set. :)
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The fan started making noise about 2 weeks ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Here is a service manual to a similar model that may help you with getting that panel off. Do you hear the fan running at all?

http://www.mediafire.com/file/o09ah27cavsyot6/RF263BEAEWW+Service+Manual+samsung.pdf