John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a Maytag 3 door fridge/freezer. The freezer is

Customer Question

I have a Maytag 3 door fridge/freezer. The freezer is working fine (although the light no longer comes on) but the fridge is not cooling.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I would say no more than 5 years
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it looks like it might be a minor repair. Otherwise I will have a repair person come tomorrow.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No that's it. Everything worked fine until yesterday when we noticed the fridge wasn't cooling and the light didn't come on in the freezer.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. So the unit is not cooling all together?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No. The freezer is working just fine. It is the refridgerator compartment that isn't cooling.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm not ready yet for the phone assistance as I am not yet sure this is a problem that I will be able to fix myself. I'd like to learn more about the issue or issues that are creating the problem before I begin a DIY process.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello. Are you still there?