Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Maytag 3 door fridge/freezer. The freezer is

Customer Question
I have a Maytag...

I have a Maytag 3 door fridge/freezer. The freezer is working fine (although the light no longer comes on) but the fridge is not cooling.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I would say no more than 5 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it looks like it might be a minor repair. Otherwise I will have a repair person come tomorrow.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No that's it. Everything worked fine until yesterday when we noticed the fridge wasn't cooling and the light didn't come on in the freezer.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 11 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. So the unit is not cooling all together?

No. The freezer is working just fine. It is the refridgerator compartment that isn't cooling.
I'm not ready yet for the phone assistance as I am not yet sure this is a problem that I will be able to fix myself. I'd like to learn more about the issue or issues that are creating the problem before I begin a DIY process.
Hello. Are you still there?