Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Whirlpool Cabrio Washing machine, Model

Customer Question
I have a Whirlpool...

I have a Whirlpool Cabrio Washing machine, Model #WTW6800WW1, SEr. # C00770317. What does the code 5d mean?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

CABRIO, MODEL WTW6800WW1, probably 10 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I would like to try

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, I've lost the machine manual

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
7/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 11 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

That is actually the Sd error which means Suds Detection.

Sd is displayed when the machine/motor control, by analyzing drag on the basket, detects a suds-lock condition, and is steady on while the control then runs a mini-clean out cycle.

If the clean out cycle is unable to correct the over-sudsing problem, the cycle ends and Sd flashes in the display.

This may signify:

➔ Load is bunched or twisted around agitator.

➔ Excessive detergent usage.

➔ Basket cannot engage during drain step.

➔ Mechanical friction on drive mechanism, not allowing basket to engage.

Now that I have given you an initial answer to your question I would ask at this time that you go ahead and rate my assistance because we are not compensated for our time unless you do. Even after you have rated I will continue to help you at no charge if you have any follow up questions. You rate my assistance by clicking on one of the empty stars located at the top right of your question page on Just Answer. The 5th star to the right is the best rating and I hoped I have earned that. Thank you for seeing to this at this time and then if you have any follow up questions please let me know. Rating my assistance will in no way affect the charges for this service.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 11 months ago

I see you have viewed the answer and I have not heard back from you and the question is still open, was there something else I can help you with?