Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

Fridge motor goes on and of over and over. Will sometime run

Customer Question

Fridge motor goes on and of over and over. Will sometime run for 15vsec then turns off them right back on. Both sides are at correct temps. Just keeps going on and off. For last couple weeks.
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: Kitchen aid kscs25ftss02 side by side
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: 5 yearsc
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 2 months ago.

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

The inverter board that controls the compressor is bad and needs to be replaced.

Refrigerator Inverter Assembly

Part #:(###) ###-####- click here for part info

The inverter is mounted to the side of the compressor on the back of the unit. Just remove that one and install the new one.

Now that I have given you an initial answer to your question I would ask at this time that you go ahead and rate my assistance because we are not compensated for out time unless you do. Even after you have rated I will continue to help you at no charge if you have any follow up questions. You rate my assistance by clicking on one of the empty stars located at the top right of your question page on Just Answer. The 5th star to the right is the best rating and I hoped I have earned that. Thank you for seeing to this at this time and then if you have any follow up questions please let me know. Rating my assistance will in no way affect the charges for this service.