Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

How do I get the filter out of my dishwasher and clean it? I…

Customer Question
How do I get...

How do I get the filter out of my dishwasher and clean it? I have had it for 2 years and it has never been cleaned.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Whirlpool Mode WDF540PADB. No. I just ran a load this morning, but have never run a diagnostic test cycle.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I was thinking about it, but I am not the greatest with mechanical things. Should I call a repair person?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No. the dishwasher seems to be running ok. But I read that you should clean the filter.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
7/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Here is a video that shows how to remove that filter so you can clean it:

click here for video

If you have any further questions just let me know, in the meantime please read below:

We experts are not compensated for our time unless you rate our assistance. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today by submitting a rating of 3-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. If for some reason you are unable to rate or unable to locate the star rating system. Please just reply back with "I Rate You 5 Stars" . Thank You. If you do not rate my assistance at least let me know why so that I can be of better help to you!!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I was able to get the arm off, but not the filter. this was not a very rewarding experience.
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago

I will opt out so maybe another tech will have an idea of how to better assist you, thanks.

Appliance Technician: Martyn Lloyd, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd, Home Appliance Technician

This LINK should be able to walk you through the process and give guidance generally...

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Well, I viewed the video again today and still cannot get the filter out. This will just have to wait for a service call to the house.

Not all things are user friendly, and it may just be a flick of the wrist that makes the difference, hope it all works out for you without too much fuss