Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Maytag Neptune front end loader washer has actual pieces…

Customer Question
My Maytag Neptune front...

My Maytag Neptune front end loader washer has actual pieces of rusted metal showing up in the dispenser area after washes?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I bought the house last year, original units, probably 17+ years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I would, You Tube has given me the confidence to try about anything.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, washes well and I just discovered the sloshing sound is normal

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
7/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 11 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

That is most likely just bad corroded or rusted up screens on the water inlet valve or on the water hoses themselves if they have screens on them, just turn off the water and remove the fill hoses from the valve and take a look if they are corroded to bad replace them if the valve is the one rusted up replace the valve. If you give me the model number of the washer and need a new valve I will give you the replacement part number for the valve and directions to change it if need be.

If you have any further questions just let me know, in the meantime please read below:

We experts are not compensated for our time unless you rate our assistance. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today by submitting a rating of 3-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. If for some reason you are unable to rate or unable to locate the star rating system. Please just reply back with "I Rate You 5 Stars" . Thank You. If you do not rate my assistance at least let me know why so that I can be of better help to you!!

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 11 months ago

I see you have viewed the question and I have not heard back from you and the question is still open, is there anything else I can help you with?