Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool dishwasher that seems to start, but never…

Customer Question
I have a whirlpool...

I have a whirlpool dishwasher that seems to start, but never really washes. I hear a bit of water and then the water draining. No dishes are cleaned. The detergent pops open and there is detergent in the bottom of the dishwasher, but it is never used.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

W10632081A Type 583-1 Mod WDT710PAYM6 . Ser F42315629

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible, yes. This was brand new in a house we purchased 2 years ago this September. We rented it out until now. The renters have told us that it never really worked the whole time.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We have ample water pressure.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
7/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 1 year ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I see that your question has been sitting for a while are you still needing help with this matter?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i just submitted this question today---Sunday, July 30, 2017

From the sounds of it your problem is with the water inlet valve possibly. You said there isn't alot of water coming on to clean the dishes? Do you have a multimeter you can test this part with?

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Whirlpool-Dishwasher-Water-Inlet-Valve/WPW10327249/3015511?modelNumber=WDT710PAYM6&ss=a9b5i219d1447169&mr=1