Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

MY FRIDGE is leaking water onto the floor and there is water…

Customer Question
MY FRIDGE is leaking...

MY FRIDGE is leaking water onto the floor and there is water frozen on the bottom of the freezer - model ABB1924WES2

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Model # in first post - about 3 years old - don't know the make

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yep

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That's about it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 11 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

The defrost drain is plugged, a known issue with this model. There is a new kit out to correct the issue with it. The kit is available below and there is a video at that same link showing how to install it.

CLICK HERE

The drain will need to be thawed as well. That is easiest done by opening the doors and leaving it unplugged for 24 hours. If you cannot displace the for for that long, the alternative is to completely disassemble the entire freezer and remove the rear panel (inside the freezer) to manually thaw the drain, using hot water only, nothing sharp!

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service at the top of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive zero credit for my work. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Thank you so much!

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.