Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

We have a whirlpool sidexside approximately 7 1/2 years old.

Customer Question
Last summer the ice maker...
We have a whirlpool sidexside approximately 7 1/2 years old. Last summer the ice maker just stopped working, then in the fall, iy started working again, and now for the last 3 or 4 weeks, it has stoped working again. Any suggestions on what to do?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: The fridge was purchased in early 2009. The model number is *****
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: It depends on what has to be done. I have suffered a stroke and have lost a lt of strength on my left side.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I know of. Just need to know what I can do to get the ice maker working again. Thanks.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
7/30/2017
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 3 months ago
travis webb

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I see that your question has been sitting for a while are you still needing help with this matter?

Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 3 months ago

is the ice maker just not making ice? What about the water does it come out?

John, Home Appliance Technician