Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Roper (by Whirlpool) gas stove and the left burners

Customer Question
on the stove top are...
I have a Roper (by Whirlpool) gas stove and the left burners on the stove top are not lighting. The right side lights ok, but not the left. I was going to check the pilot light for the left side burners, but unlike other gas stoves I've used, I can't lift the top of the stove to get to it and make sure it's lit.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: No idea and no clue. I just bought the house, it was working fine until yesterday, by the way, and there is no model information on it. It just says Roper by Whirlpool....
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I was hoping to. I was always able to do that on gas stoves in apartments i had in Chicago. Can't really afford to pay a repairman.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Can't think of anything.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
7/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 4 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

open the oven door and look on the frame of the range behind the door on the oven frame and look fro a tag that has the model and serial number listed on it and send me that model number, if the tag is not there, and your stove a storage drawer at the bottom, pull the drawer out and look on the frame of the stove behind the storage drawer and the tag will be there, send me that model number listed on that tag and I can help you further, thanks.

Ok, part of the model number is ***** up into the writing above it, but it looks like it might be FGP300KW0. Serial looks like VEM0206857
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 4 months ago

ok that is a known issue on those models, here is the service notice that tells you what corrective measures to take.

click here for info on the notice

click here for instructions to raise the cooktop

If you have any further questions just let me know, in the meantime please read below:

We experts are not compensated for our time unless you rate our assistance. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today by submitting a rating of 3-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. If for some reason you are unable to rate or unable to locate the star rating system. Please just reply back with "I Rate You 5 Stars" . Thank You.

The instructions for how to open the top just go partway through item three and don't open further...
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 4 months ago

that all there is to it, you take out the screws and shift the top a little so it slips out of the holding clip and then it will raise up.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 4 months ago

you do it one side at a time until both are out of the clip.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 4 months ago

just checking back to see if you were able to get the cooktop raised up.

Problem has been resolved.
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 4 months ago

Glad to hear its been taken care :

Now that I have given you an initial answer to your question I would ask at this time that you go ahead and rate my assistance because we are not compensated for our time unless you do. Even after you have rated I will continue to help you at no charge if you have any follow up questions. You rate my assistance by clicking on one of the empty stars located at the top right of your question page on Just Answer. The 5th star to the right is the best rating and I hoped I have earned that. Thank you for seeing to this at this time and then if you have any follow up questions please let me know. Rating my assistance will in no way affect the charges for this service.

Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson