Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Every thing seems fine but the lid does not lock and after a…

Customer Question
Every thing seems fine...

Every thing seems fine but the lid does not lock and after a min. or so the machine cuts off.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

This is the first time it has happened. I went through the reset that computer recommends but it still does this cutoff.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It depends on difficulty. I am old and have no experience fixing anything.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

??

Contractor's Assistant: What confuses you?

I have told you all I know.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
7/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 11 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

If the lid lock is not locking and the machine is cutting off that means there is an issue in the lid lock assembly and it will need to be replaced. If you can give me the model number of the machine I will give you the replacement part you need to order and directions to replace it. The model number is ***** on the serial tag which is located on the frame of the washer under/behind the door/lid , thanks.

If you have any further questions just let me know, in the meantime please read below:

We experts are not compensated for our time unless you rate our assistance. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today by submitting a rating of 3-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. If for some reason you are unable to rate or unable to locate the star rating system. Please just reply back with "I Rate You 5 Stars" . Thank You.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 11 months ago

I see you have viewed the question and have not heard back from you and the question is still open, is there anything else I can help you with?