Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I bought a kenmore fridge that was not working. I plug it in

Customer Question

I bought a kenmore fridge that was not working. I plug it in and nothing happens. What needs to be done to repair it? Model number 795.78316.800 or .000 for the last three. Its hard to tell
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Do you hear any sounds at all like it's trying to run? What does the display show on it? Do the interior lights turn on when you open the door? etc...

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No lights. no sounds at all
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

OK so make sure the refrigerator is getting power from your house. Run an extension cord to another outlet you know is working. If that checks good, the only thing that can cut power to everything is the main board on the back of the refrigerator. You would need to order and replace this control board to fix your issue. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for control board

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?