Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a GE profile cooktop. Today while cleaning the nobes

Customer Question

I have a GE profile cooktop. Today while cleaning the nobes the cooktop start buzzing.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 4 years
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: n o
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

The buzzing means that your cooktop lockout switch below the knob got wet. Unplug the cooktop or flip the circuit breaker on your house to the cooktop, and just turn leave the unit off for 24 hours to allow it to dry. Hopefully it dries out and works again like normal but if not then you need a new switch harness I'm sorry to say.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?