Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

NO POWER TO MY GE DISHWASHER. CHECKED BREAKER AND POWER TO…

Customer Question
NO POWER TO MY...

NO POWER TO MY GE DISHWASHER. CHECKED BREAKER AND POWER TO THE UNIT IS FINE.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Bought in 2009, GE model GDWT160R00SS

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Would like to try.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, was working 2 days ago, but now, no power to the control panel

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
7/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

If you are certain you have power to the unit then the control module is dead and needs to be replaced, there are not any fuses or anything that would kill power to the entire unit like that. The replacement module is listed below:

WD21X10362 - click here for part info at sears

If you have any further questions just let me know, in the meantime please read below:

We experts are not compensated for our time unless you rate our assistance. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today by submitting a rating of 3-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. If for some reason you are unable to rate or unable to locate the star rating system. Please just reply back with "I Rate You 5 Stars" . Thank You.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago

I see you have viewed the question and have not heard back from you and the question is still open, is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks Joel. I presume the module is in the door panel, or is it under the unit?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Your link to the control module does not work. Do you have a part number I can reference?
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago

Main Control Board WD21X10362 - click here for part info

its not available at the link above but it is available at sears or you can try ebay or amazon using that part number above.

click here for part info at sears

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago

also the control is inside the console/control panel. Please remember to rate my assistance before you leave, thanks.