Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Have a whirlpool gold series dishwasher. I can only use the

Customer Question

have a whirlpool gold series dishwasher. I can only use the "heavy" setting button. The 1 hour button, that I normally use stopped working. When I push it, it goes to the "heavy" button.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: it's about 3 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if I can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: is it practical for me to attempt, or should I get a repairman. btw I also tried shutting off the electric and starting up again to reboot the machine but it had no effect.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

.You can try to reset it by closing the door and pressing any 3 buttons in order 1,2,3 1,2,3 1,2,3 within 8 secs. All the lights should light up and then you can press cancel. If it still does not work replace the touchpad on the unit. If you are handy and have tools it is not too bad of a job to do. You just have to remove the perimeter screws around the console and remove the touchpad and change it out.

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.